Start small, feel the difference
Regular exercise combined with a healthy diet can also reduce stress and benefit your general wellness.7
Ideally, strive towards exercising several times a week.36
Consider walking, swimming, jogging or cycling – or choose an exercise class that’s convenient with your schedule.
You can also make smaller inroads to combat a sedentary lifestyle through incorporating other activities into your daily routine.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator
- Walk instead of taking the bus
- Get off the bus one or two stops early and walk the rest of the way
- Park your car further away from where you need to be – and walk
- Walk the long way to work, perhaps taking in a park
- Borrow the neighbour’s dog and take it for a walk
Be aware that some forms of exercise – like running – can cause diarrhea in some people.37 If you believe that your exercise routine may be causing your diarrhea, talk to your healthcare professional.
While traveling, you may be at risk for developing traveler's diarrhea.