The Original Relief
IMODIUM® caplets are easy-to-swallow and provide fast relief from diarrhea - often with just one dose.†
Dosage for Adults and Children 12+
Take 2 caplets initially and 1 caplet every time you have a loose bowel movement, to a maximum of 8 caplets per day. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Stop use if you have a solid or hard stool or if you go for 24 hours without a bowel movement.
IMODIUM® is not recommended for children under 12 years of age except on the advice of a doctor.
- When you have diarrhea you will lose a lot of fluids. Therefore drink plenty of clear fluids, water, unsweetened juices or clear soups.
- Do not drink alcohol or milk and avoid fruit, green vegetables and spicy or fatty foods. These items tend to aggravate diarrhea.
Stop Use and talk to your doctor if:
- Diarrhea gets worse, lasts longer than 48 hours or you get any unusual symptoms;
- You have AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) or some other severe problem with your immune system and you have sudden or increasing abdominal pain, swelling or bulging.
- If constipation and a bloated abdomen occur, stop use. If these effects are severe, talk to you doctor.
- When you have diarrhea and are taking loperamide, tiredness, dizziness, or drowsiness may occur, therefore, you should be careful when driving a car or operating machinery.
Do not use if
- There is blood or mucus in the stools or you have a high fever (39°C or 102°F).
- You have had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide hydrochloride.
- You are taking antibiotics, have ulcerative colitis or a history of liver disease, talk to a doctor before using this product.
- You are or you suspect you may be pregnant (especially in the first trimester) or you are nursing.
In case of accidental overdose, consult a doctor or Poison Control Centre at once.
Keep out of reach of children.
†Clinical studies indicate that diarrheal control may be achieved after the initial dose in 50% of patients.
Each caplet contains 2 mg loperamide hydrochloride
Nonmedicinal Ingredients (alphabetical)
Cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide, D&C yellow No. 10, diabasic calcium phosphate, FD&C blue No. 1, magnesium stearate.
Store at room temperature (15-30ºC). Protect from light.