Soothing, Calming Relief
NEW IMODIUM® Liquid is a soothing, mint-flavoured choice for diarrhea relief. It provides you with fast, effective relief from diarrhea symptoms - even for your mildest bouts!
Dosage for Adults and Children 12+
Shake well before use. Use only attached dosage cup to dose product. Take 30 mL initially and 15 mL every time you have a loose bowel movement, to a maximum of 120 mL per day. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Stop use if you have a solid or hard stool or if you go for 24 hours without a bowel movement. IMODIUM® is not recommended for children under 12 years of age except on the advice of a doctor.
- When you have diarrhea, you will lose a lot of fluids. Therefore, drink plenty of clear fluids, water, unsweetened juices or clear soups.
- Do not drink alcohol or milk and avoid fruit, green vegetables and spicy or fatty foods. These items tend to aggravate diarrhea.
Stop use and talk to your doctor if:
- Diarrhea gets worse, lasts longer than 48 hours or you get any unusual symptoms;
- You have AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) or some other severe problem with your immune system and you have sudden or increasing abdominal pain, swelling or bulging.
- If constipation and a bloated abdomen occur, stop use. If these effects are severe, talk to your doctor.
- If you are taking antibiotics, have Ulcerative Colitis or a history of liver disease, talk to your doctor before using this product.
- When you have diarrhea and are taking loperamide, tiredness, dizziness, or drowsiness may occur, therefore, you should be careful when driving a car or operating machinery.
Do not use if:
- There is blood or mucus present in the stools, or you have a high fever (39° C or 102° F)
- You have had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide hydrochloride
- You are or you suspect you may be pregnant (especially in the first trimester) or you are nursing.
In the case of accidental overdose, even if there are no symptoms, call a doctor or Poison Control Centre at once.
Each 15 mL dose contains 2 mg loperamide hydrochloride
Nonmedicinal Ingredients (alphabetical)
Carboxymethylcellulose sodium, cellulose, citric acid, D&C yellow no. 10, dimethyl siloxane, FD&C blue no.1, flavour, glycerin, methylcellulose, propylene glycol, purified water, simethicone, sodium benzoate, sorbic acid, sucralose, titanium dioxide, xanthan gum.
Store at room temperature (15 - 30° C). Protect from light.