Can I take IMODUM® if I'm taking other medications?
Although IMODIUM® products have a well-established safety record, they are not recommended for certain individuals. As with all medicines, if you are currently taking any other medications (prescription or not), or if you're seeing a doctor about another medical condition, we recommend that you carefully read product information leaflets or that you see your physician or pharmacist before using IMODIUM® products.
You shouldn't use IMODIUM® products if:
- You're under 12 years old.
- You're allergic to loperamide hydrochloride or any of the ingredients in the product.
- You have a fever or there is blood or mucus in your stools.
- You suffer from acute ulcerative colitis and pseudomembranous colitis associated with the use of antibiotics (unless advised by a physician).
- You have a history of liver disease
- You have AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) or some other severe problems with your immune system and you have sudden or increasing abdominal pain, swelling or bulging.