Unlike other antidiarrheals IMODIUM® Advanced is formulated to give you more complete relief of your diarrhea symptoms. It contains a unique formula that combines the original strength of IMODIUM® plus an added ingredient that relieves the associated symptoms of gas, cramps and bloating. It now comes in a pleasant tasting chewable tablet that is convenient for traveling.
Dosage for Adults and Children 12+
2 tablets initially and 1 tablet every time you have a loose bowel movement, to a maximum of 4 tablets per day. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Stop use if you have a solid or hard stool or if you go for 24 hours without a bowel movement.
IMODIUM® Advanced is not recommended for children under 12 years except on the advice of a doctor..
- When you have diarrhea you will lose a lot of fluids. Therefore drink plenty of clear fluids, water, unsweetened juices or clear soups.
- Do not drink alcohol or milk and avoid fruit, green vegetables and spicy or fatty foods. These items tend to aggravate diarrhea.
Stop Use and talk to your doctor if:
- Diarrhea gets worse, lasts longer than 48 hours or you get any unusual symptoms;
- You have AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) or some other severe problem with your immune system and you have sudden or increasing abdominal pain, swelling or bulging.
- If constipation and a bloated abdomen occur, stop use. If these effects are severe, talk to you doctor.
- If you are taking antibiotics, have ulcerative colitis, or a history of liver disease, talk to a doctor before using this product.
- When you have diarrhea and are taking loperamide, tiredness, dizziness, or drowsiness may occur, therefore, you should be careful when driving a car or operating machinery.
Do not use if
- There is blood or mucus in the stools or you have a high fever (39°C or 102°F).
- You have had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide hydrochloride.
- You are or you suspect you may be pregnant (especially in the first trimester) or you are nursing.
In case of accidental overdose, consult a doctor or Poison Control Centre at once.
Keep out of reach of children.
†Clinical studies indicate that diarrheal control may be achieved after the initial dose in 50% of patients.
Each caplet contains loperamide hydrochloride 2 mg and simethicone 125 mg.
Nonmedicinal Ingredients (alphabetical)
Basic polymethacrylate, cellulose acetate, corn starch, D&C yellow no. 10, dextrates, FD&C blue no. 1, microcrystalline cellulose, N&A vanilla mint flavour, sodium saacharin, sorbitol, stearic acid, sucrose, tribasic calcium phosphate.
Store at room temperature (15-30ºC).